The Predicament Of The Three Maiden Gods
"To think that we were imprisoned inside of that thing for almost three thousand years..." Korvax (left) hissed as he glared straight at the small, unassuming amulet that was lying on the ground. "I would just grab my warhammer and smash it into a thousand pieces if I still had it with me!"
Sygros (middle) turned his eyes towards Korvax and raised his eyebrow, visibly unimpressed by his companion's fiery outburst.
"The old magic permeating the Theon Desmos makes it almost impossible to destroy. Not even one of your strongest warhammers would have done the job." Sygros digressed, only to then shift his eyes back towards the artifact. "At best, you might end up reactivating it, imprisoning us once again inside of its never-ending confines for another three millennia. Even in context of our current predicament, that does not strike me as the brightest of ideas."
"Agree," Vorlen (right) added, placing his hand on his hip as he looked with worry at the amulet. "Even if the three maidens were foolish enough to activate the Theon Desmos and exchange places with us, I doubt they would make the same mistake again if we were to accidentally exchange places back with them."
The three formerly imprisoned gods then remained silent for a few seconds.
They were all pleased that after what felt to be like an entire eternity, they were finally out of the Theon Desmos and able to roam the Earth with physical bodies.
It just happened to be the case that they were not in the physical bodies they would have wished for.
"I still do not understand why it was three maidens who ended up finding the Theon Desmos," Vorlen started.
"I am afraid that I have no affirmative response to that," Sygros answered. "All I can say is that from the garments we are wearing and from our immediate surroundings, it seems like the world has substantially changed-"
"Different times, different clothes, I do not care! We are in the bodies of three maidens!" Korvax suddenly cut in. "I used to have countless concubines who would please me at a moment's whim! Now I am no different from any of them, fit for concubinage!"
And once again, Sygros raised his eyebrow with no amusement.
"Perhaps we are indeed in bodies fit for concubinage, but as I have already pointed out, the world seems to have changed quite a lot. It may be the case that we do not have to worry about that sort of things anymore."
All Korvax did was roll his eyes in frustration, only to then speak once again: "All I want is to get my powers back, find myself a new body, and make myself a new warhammer."
"Well, that will take some time given the mortal bodies we are currently inhabiting," Vorlen responded. "But if we start performing the rituals now, I think we should be able to get our full strength back in around ten years or so."
"It is settled then," Sygros concluded. "We will start performing the rites in order to get all of our powers back and hopefully change into better bodies."
"I will search for the blood then," Korvax said.
"And I for the herbs," Vorlen added.
"Excellent. In the meantime, I will make the necessary preparations so that we can start performing the rites as soon as possible."
Thus, the three gods began to make their long, arduous way back into godhood while in the bodies of the three maidens who for some reason found the Theon Desmos.
They were going to be more than surprised once they found out just how much the world had changed during the three-thousand years they were imprisoned.
Comments
Post a Comment